BMW F30 High Beam Bulb Replacement – 10 minutes
This article covers replacing the high beam bulb in a BMW F30 3 series vehicle with the ZKW halogen headlight assembly. Even though we used a 2014 320i to perform this repair, this article can be applied to any 2012-2019 F30 3 series vehicle with halogen headlights with minor modifications to the repair steps.
A BMW F30 high beam bulb replacement is a simple repair that only takes a couple minutes to complete.
The high beam bulb on 2012-2019 3 series vehicles with halogen “ZKW” headlights is located within the interior lens circle of the headlight assembly.
The BMW F30 high beam bulb is an H7 halogen lamp that is accessed from the top of the headlight assembly (please see our repair steps below). Always replace your 3 series high beam bulb with a high quality replacement. We give you several great options below to choose from including high performance replacements if you wish to enhance the look of your vehicle.
1. High beam bulb (required) – Always use a high quality replacement high beam lamp in your BMW. Don’t be fooled by cheap aftermarket bulbs at your local auto parts store – they have a short lifespan and emit a substandard light beam.
Halogen H7 bulb – Genuine BMW 63217160781
2. Performance high beam bulbs (optional) – Increase your intensity and visual appeal with these high performance bulbs.
H7 Xtreme White Plus – PIAA 17655
H7 Solar Yellow Bulb – PIAA 22-13407
Section 1 – BMW F30 high beam bulb replacement
- The high beam bulb in 2012-2019 BMW 3 series vehicles with halogen headlights is removed from the top of the headlight assembly.
- Locate the plastic bulb access cover on the top of the headlight assembly. Remove it by turning it counter clockwise.
- The high beam bulb is held in place by a metal locking clip. The metal clip must be bent back to allow the bulb to be pulled free from the headlight.
- Using your fingers to bend the metal locking clip back. If you can’t fit your fingers in, use a metal pick or small flat blade screwdriver.
- Grasp the high beam bulb and pull it free from the headlight.
- Unplug the high beam bulb (you may need to use a flat blade screwdriver to pry it out).
- Replace the high beam bulb following the above directions in reverse. Never touch the new halogen bulb with your fingers…the oil from your skin can cause it to overheat.
BMW F30 High Beam Bulb Replacement Finished
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us. And congratulations for Doing It Yourself!